Scheduling Q&A

Q: Ok, so when do I need to take English 110? The curriculum sheet says winter, but I think I remember something about the Scholars taking English together in spring?
A: There will be an Architecture Scholars section of English 110 in spring quarter. If you have credit for English 110 (through AP credits or post-secondary credits), you do not need to take this course.

Q: Why aren't all the Scholars students in the same studio section?
A: Every Scholars student has different course needs in winter quarter outside of studio, so it would be impossible to mandate that everyone enroll in the same section. For instance, if you need Physics 111, you will need to take the afternoon studio due to course times. Plus, some of you are morning people and some of you are not. In this case, choice is good.

Q: How do I register for the Istanbul seminar?
A: Angi will register your for this seminar once you are accepted to the program. The course number is Arch 698.04. Remember that the seminar meets on Fridays from 9:30-11:18am so be sure not to schedule another course during that time.

Q: Realistically, how many credits should I take with studio?
A: I recommend scheduling 15-18 hours total.

Q: What if I don't have the necessary prerequistes to take a class? For instance, I really want to take Human Nutrition 210, but don't yet have credit for Biology 101.
A: In many cases, you may be able to get permission from the instructor to enroll in a class for which you do not meet the stated prerequistes. To do this, you need to obtain the instructor's signature on a Course Enrollment Permission form. Once signed, return the form to me, and I'll add the course for you. You can also use this form for permission to take a class that is full, audit a course, or for other reasons.

Other questions? Leave a comment here.

No comments:

Post a Comment